Wednesday 15 January 2014

Evaluation Task 1: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

 
A convention is a set of agreed, stipulated, or generally accepted standards, norms, social norms, or criteria, often taking the form of a custom.
 
They can be challenged to deliberately broke to subvert conventions. In evaluation of the question set I feel that I have drawn on the conventions of media products in my own campaign.  This use of these conventions is evident in the construction of my own products, for example, the 3 minutes length video, lip sync etc , these are supported by my own research into the doll’s house concept and the perfect world.  Furthermore I have also challenged conventions, for example, the use of narrative is less common is music videos. We incorporated a narrative based story around the performance element. Also we challenged conventions by having the costume for our indie rock band in 50’s styled clothes instead of indie rock clothing such as black leather. The reason why feel that I have achieved this is to differentiate my product in a competitive music industry market and I have attempted to challenge audience expectations, bring something new to the media forms.  Media Conventions are initially relied upon for communicating the right message to the intended audience, but also deviate from these expectations helps sell the star image that I wanted to promote. Audiences produce meaning from the interaction of the conventional material in a text, and their understanding of conventions. Pete Fraser conveys and believes that a music video is designed aid ‘visitation’ and the ‘repeatability factor,’ but also that the ‘lip-sync close up and the miming of the playing instruments’ remain the heart of music videos.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment